Monday, November 14, 2011

When Bad Things Happen to Christians (3) - Bad Things Happen to Humble Us


2. Bad Things Happens to Christians to Humble us.

Job 1:10-11
“Have you not put a hedge around him and his household and everything he has? You have blessed the work of his hands, so that his flocks and herds are spread throughout the land.11 But now stretch out your hand and strike everything he has, and he will surely curse you to your face.”

Job 1:21
“Naked I came from my mother’s womb,
  and naked I will depart.
The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away;
  may the name of the LORD be praised.”


Reminds us that everything we have is Given By God



It humbles us because we know that everything that we currently have is by the grace and preservation of God. Our health, our family, our work, our income, our houses, our car. 


It also prepares us to face future bad things by knowing this truth.



May we memorize Job 1:21. Naked i came, naked i will go. The Lord gives, the Lord takes.


To Keep Us From Being Conceited


1 Cor 12:7 "又 恐 怕 我 因 所 得 的 启 示 甚 大 , 就 过 於 自 高 , 所 以 有 一 根 刺 加 在 我 肉 体 上 , 就 是 撒 但 的 差 役 要 攻 击 我 , 免 得 我 过 於 自 高 。"


Imagine if you have the special privilege of being brought to Heaven, seeing revelations, hearing the secrets words of God, seeing Jesus calling you, educated in the top Jewish schools, won't you be filled with pride?


But Paul says that the thorn in his flesh, prevented him from being conceited which contributed to his effective,selfless ministry.


My Migraine


I get migraine more regularly now. Whenever i have migraine, i am totally incapacitated. I can't do anything. And this spurs me, that if I were to have migraine continually, money, power would not mean anything to me. It also reminds me that i am so fragile and every minute is sustained by God. My life can just end or be rendered useless any minute. And that spurs me to take chance of my health and serve him.



No comments: