Thursday, May 31, 2007

1 Week

Currently on my 1 week study leave for CFA exam this coming Sunday. Took the chance to help out at my church's book shop with their electronic scanning/inventory software. Some advertisements here ;), the book shop is called "Path Seekers". Its just beside Clarke Quay MRT and has plenty of christian books, cds resources etc. Do visit the place!

Along the way there, I met this guy at Clarke Quay MRT who asked for a dollar from me. Well I know many of us would have met such a situation with people asking us for money. But anyway, I gave him the dollar and also... a Gospel Pamplet! Asking him to believe in Jesus. I am reminded always to make use of every available opportunity to spread the Gospel as commanded by Jesus. Well I give such people the benefit of the doubt that they really need the money and since they are resorting to such means, I would think that they really need the money, but most importantly, they need the salvation from Jesus.

Also took the chance to visit my old friend Shawn. If you don't already know, Shawn was my army friend back many years ago. He met with an motor accident and was since paralysed from the waist down. He could be said as one of the closer friends that I had back in camp.

Played some computer games at his house, chatted awhile, then had lunch at a nearby coffeeshop. Its was just great spending this time with him, catching up, sharing with him what's going on in my life... but of coz I know that there's this emptiness within him that can only be supplied by the love of God.

Went back after lunch with him and before I left, I prayed with him and also left with him two evangelistic CDs. May the Holy Spirit work in his heart. It is not by our words, our might our strength but my the Spirit. Amen.

No comments: