Tuesday, May 22, 2007

MEDITATE upon God's word

Its been a year and a half working in CS. Many happenings over this period of time. One of the more prominent ones being, proposing to my gf, set a wedding date, did wedding preparations and looking forward to my wedding day. God's gift to me. ;)

CFA is coming up on June 3rd. Realli a lot of time spent studying for this damn exam. Dunno whether ultimately its worth doing not...but since I had an initial interest, though its dying ...haha and its kinda free and easy.

But of coz, teaching Sun sch comes first. Definitely before studying for CFA. The joy of teaching God's word is irreplacable. Preparing lesson, ploring over God's word, i now really understand Psalm 1: 2, That you delight in His word when you ponder it day and night. And really ponder. How often do we ponder about God's word during our personal devotion/quiet time?
Is it just a "I must finish the bible in a year" mentality or I have to fulfill my devotion requirement mindset? To really meditate, think deeply, reflect upon it, ponder how to apply it in your life, now that really makes a significance to how God's word affects you.

Before teaching Sun sch, i admit that I have not done such meditating before. Just touch and go. But the responsibility of teaching sun sch, the responsibility that I am responsible for the young 12 lives, I meditate over His word. Meditate how does God's word play an important in the lives of my students, meditate how does God's word wants me to live as a life example for my students to follow. That I live what I preach.

Dear readers, you might not be teaching sun sch or in fact might be quite far from God (Or you might, which I thank God). You might be just 'touch and go' on God's word. That's what I did before. But dear bros and sis in Christ, MEDITATE over his word. THink about it, think deeply, how it applies to you, how you could keep it in your heart and let it guide you in your decisions, coz that's what Jesus has promised through the Holy Spirit living inside us.MEDITATE.
It has certainly helped me alot and gave me a completely different view of life. An eagle's eye view. A view not of that people saying, go climb the Banking/Finance industry, go Front Office and make big bucks. A view not of do your Masters, CFA, etc... But a view that man need salvation for all men have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.

No comments: