Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Blind Leaders of Blind

On one occasion, Col. Robert G Ingersoll, the agnostic lecturer of the last century, was announced to give an address on Hell. He declared he would prove conclusively that hell was a wild dream of some scheming theologians who invented it to terrify people.

As he was launching into his subject, a half-drunken man arose in the audience and exclaimed: "Make it strong, Bob. There's a lot of us poor fellows depending on you. If you are wrong, we are all lost. So be sure you prove it clear and plain."

Matt 15:14 "If the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch."


If hell is not real, does it matter what sins i commit, for there are no consequences?
But what if hell is real? (Luke 16:19-30)


If all roads lead to heaven, does it matter what my belief is? For couldn't I just believe in my dog?
But what if there is only one road, one way, one path? (John 14:6)


If doing good can lead me to heaven, does it matter how much good I do, for it is sufficient?
But what if I am not doing enough good? Not enough to guarantee me a ticket to heaven? (Romans 3:23)


If the bible teaches of a loving God who loves me dearly, wants me to be reconciled to Him in His eternal joyous Kingdom, wants to take care of me, wants to wipe off every tear that I have ever shed, is willing to accept me into His Kingdom regardless of the evil deeds I have done, is willing to die the most tragic death ever, to save me despite my sin, why am I hardening my heart to reject Him? (Man)

No comments: