Saturday, September 29, 2007

Meals on Wheels For Children - YWCA

Recently my company had an event calling for volunteers at YWCA. Its called "meals on wheels for children". Well, any activity that is rooted in the Christian faith, I will support. Hence went...

Took care of about 20 over children, mainly coming from needy familes. Took quite a no. of photos and you can see them below,

http://www.flickr.com/photos/resolution81/sets/72157602202498011/

The program actually delivers dinners to these children such that no children will go to bed hungry and about once or twice in a month, they will organize an event where the kids can come and be mentored by older bros and sis. For today's case, us! haha...played plenty of games with them and it was fun. They realli enjoyed the games and also the Macdonalds lunch.

I was thinking to myself how did they get the children to come here, and then I realized that a mini-van would realli do wonders to such a ministry. Being able to use the van to fetch them to and fro, to outreach to them. I pray that our church would be able to get a van of our own so that we could do the same.

Count my blessings, i was born in a wonderful family. And I realli have to share my graces/blessings with others.

To God be the Glory, and thanks to the wonderful missionary who set up YWCA (go to www.ywca.org.sg to know more.).

** PS on wednesday! =D

No comments: