Monday, September 03, 2007

Sad note

Phew...finally backed home. After a day's work, went to nite class on Revelation chapter 12. Pastor Teo linked the chapter back to Daniel chapter 9 about the seventy sevens and also taught about the red dragon with seven heads that stood prepared to swallowed the child that was about to be born out of a woman.

Speaking about childbirth, I was greeted with both pleasant and very sad news today. Catherine's colleague Grace gave birth to a healthy young boy today!

But on a very sad note, i learnt that a colleague of mine whose baby daughter was only a few months maybe even weeks old, had passed away last friday. He is now back in India.

Once again I am reminded that life is really not in our hands. Who are we to determine that we are going to live for the next 10, 20 or 50 years? Our breathe of life might be taken away right this instant! Now what's the meaning in life? Without Jesus, it is meaningless.

I don't care if you call me preachy or holy. I have already lost two friends, one my army buddy and the other my secondary school class mate. Life is seriously not in our hands and who are we to demand that we are in control to live tomorrow?

We have to seek God and have faith in Him. In Him, we who are weary and burdened can find rest.

No comments: