Friday, October 07, 2011

Steve Jobs

I am saddened by the death of Steve Jobs. Rarely am I saddened by a public figure, but this time round, there more's of a relationship to it. I think one of the factors that shocked the world was that it happened too suddenly. Too sudden. Just a month after handling over to Tim Cook, and we hear the worst of news.

It impacted quite a bit not only because i use the iPhone, the Macbook, the iPad, or aspire to get an iMac, but because i appreciated the eco-system, the technicals behind it all, kinda in fact, my hobbies/interest revolve around it. Objective C, whom Jobs had written while at NeXt, had been my programming language i most often dealt with in the recent years because of the popularity of apps. Developing, understanding, experiencing the App Store; it made me appreciate the genius of Jobs. Rarely can someone integrate design, technicals, and excellent user experience so well.

But perhaps what saddened me more, was that I do not know if he had embraced faith in the Lord. I hope he had. I know of his spiritual journey to India, his dependence upon himself, his desire and faith upon the abilities of man. But with such respect for a genius like him, we have to be reminded more, our respect for God, and the total inability of man. We are helpless, fragile, sinking. We are depraved, far immoral than we can ever think of.

We need to think. We really need to think. In the face of life's fragility, what can we stand on that will make us steadfast?

Solely by faith in Christ.


No comments: