Thursday, April 06, 2006

Pre-Barclays interview

4 hrs to go before my Barclays interview. I thought that i should surf around sites and look at interview tips. But i thought, hey i have done that umpteen times, and it didn't realli help me. So why not think in depth from within myself and bring out those desirable qualities that i already have? These will truly be intrinsic to me, and i certainly do not have to memorize any "desirable interview skills" from some website. Here goes... My list of interview tips,

1. Be yourself.
2. Be confident.
3. Pray that God will lead.
4. Since He will lead, leave it to Him the outcome. He knows best for you.
5. You might blow your own horn and keep boasting about your own qualities, but never lose your character and integrity.
6. Be truthful.
7. Emphasize your good points through examples.
8. Do not negotiate about pay please...this is suicide.
9. Be calm, composed, and give out well though answers, suggestions (if in GDs)
10. Lastly, again, let God lead.

Well, I hope this helps in anyone who's having interviews in the near future. Now...Barclays, here i come. Of coz which if CS let's me sign now i won't be doing all these. But hey, its a good experience and the only thing i have to lose is time... so why not?

Brought grandparents to hospital for checkup this morning. Time flies, its been already a month since grandma was discharged. I really Thank God for his grace and mercy to them. They are all approaching their 80s yet still so healthy. I really hope that the seed planted in them will grow and we can enter the Kingdom of God together.

Mum's got her Altis and its coming in a few wks. Sis got her 40k flute. (i did not mistype the amt if u were wondering.) Dad erm...at home, freelancing. I preparing HYP poster, some sch work and most of them time wondering when CS will call. Cat is so busy now, but she enjoys the challenge. Busy here busy there, but come weekend, let's all take a break and focus back to enjoyment of life and praising God.

Btw, Bleach the anime is damn nice. Getsuga Tenshou!

No comments: